Discipleship & Outreach
Impact 2818 is a ministry of the Indiana Conference United Methodist Church [nonprofit 501(c)(3)]. Our programs and facilities serve and are welcoming to all people, regardless of church attendance or denominational affiliations.
“We make disciples for Jesus Christ by nurturing transformational Christ-centered communities.”
Our camping ministry has been blessed with 7 beautiful locations and thousands of acres of God’s creation. We will use those resources to help connect people to the transforming message of Jesus Christ.
Impact 2818 is a Local-Church-Centered-Ministry. People of all ages are seeking community and real relationships. Spending time together at camp can turn a group of acquaintances into a fellowship that will love, support and hold one another accountable. If that group continues to meet together, the community continues. The local church is the primary vehicle for fostering relationships and making disciples. Impact 2818 fosters development of relationships and groups by offering programs and facilities to church groups that keep communities together throughout the experience and beyond.
- We will serve the local church and be an extension of their ministries
- We will share God’s love with every guest at all Impact 2818 Camp Sites
- We will create a safe, comfortable environment, where people experience Christian community
- We will provide high quality facilities and services for all guests
- We will provide relevant, age appropriate programming for all campers
- We value mission – We are mission focused and purpose orientated. We learn, risk, and change. We demand quality and growth.
- We value people – We value the lost and all who are seeking Christ. Physical, emotional, and spiritual safety is a necessary starting point.
- We value community – We assist and encourage personal spiritual growth through relationships with fellow believers.
- We value stewardship – We understand our role as a steward of all God’s blessings.
The Name Says It All...
A lot of people ask about the name Impact 2818; what it means and why we chose it. In short, it represents our goal and purpose. Matthew 28:18-20 is the Great Commission where as Christ followers, we are being sent into the world on Jesus’ authority to make God’s transforming love known. Our desire is to leave a legacy with each generation we get to encounter and that they would go forth impacting this world for the sake of Christ.
Impact 2818 Statement of Faith:
We believe that God has provided redemption for all people through His Son, Jesus Christ, and that He provides support and guidance for believers through the Holy Spirit. We believe that camping has biblical foundations, offering places to follow the example set by Christ and his disciples to withdraw from everyday life for spiritual reflection, and equips campers to apply Christian beliefs and actions to their daily lives.
Camp Facilities & Locations
- Camp Adventure – Pierceton, IN (40 minutes from Ft. Wayne and South Bend) Rustic sleeping accommodations, adventure activities great for middle school ages through adults
- Epworth Forest Conference Center – North Webster, IN (40 minutes from Ft. Wayne and South Bend) Modern facilities including private rooms, and meeting spaces for up to 700
- Camp Indicoso – Springville, IN (20 minutes south of Bloomington) Private rooms, rustic cabins and adventure activities great for all ages
- Camp Lakewood – Wolcottville, IN (one hour north of Ft. Wayne) Rustic cabins with activities designed around all ages of elementary campers
- Camp Moneto – Nashville, IN (30 minutes east of Bloomington, IN) Currently transitioning for the future
- Pine Creek Camp – Pine Village, IN (30 minutes west of Lafayette, IN) Rustic ranch camp with activities for all ages
- Camp Rivervale – Mitchell, IN (one hours south of Bloomington, IN) Private rooms and community space lodges with activities designed around all ages of elementary campers